Let’s face it: Mother’s Day is not really a day FOR moms – that’s why TGI Fridays®, the iconic restaurant brand, surveyed thousands of moms across the country to learn about how they really want to spend Mother’s Day, and it doesn’t involve breakfast in bed.
According to a recent survey, 70 percent of moms want a day to themselves and their top annoyance is cleaning up after the celebration. To give moms what they really want for Mother’s Day, TGI Fridays is celebrating moms all week long, giving her a night out with friends, not worrying about planning or cleaning up.
Moms can indulge with half-priced bottles of wine, a Sparkling Strawberry Henny Cocktail, and the new Carlo’s Cookies & Cream Tsunami Cake created by Cake Boss’ Buddy Valastro from May 3 through May 9, 2021.*
“Treat mom to the ultimate dessert experience this year,” said Buddy Valastro, Cake Boss of Carlo’s Bakery. “This cake screams celebration for all the moms out there. I am excited to partner with TGI Fridays to celebrate moms, and help them break up the everyday routine and enjoy a night out with friends and family.”
The TGI Fridays survey asked participants about what they are hoping for on Mother’s Day:
– 70 percent of moms want a day to themselves
– 51 percent of moms want a good night’s sleep
– 40 percent of moms want a self-care day (spa, manicure, massage)
– 38 percent of moms want a night out with friends
The survey also asked respondents their top annoyances of Mother’s Day, key findings include:
– Cleaning up after the party/celebration (47 percent) and feeling exhausted at the end of the day (33 percent)
– Not being able to take a break from the everyday routine (36 percent)
– Waking up early (30 percent) and no time alone (28 percent)