Primary Menu

Coronavirus.. What You Need To Know

An Arizona man who tried to take coronavirus treatment matters into his own hands has died. He ingested chloroquine phosphate, thinking that it would protect him from coronavirus. His wife did the same, and she is currently under critical care.

According to NBC News, “The toxic ingredient they consumed was not the medication form of chloroquine, used to treat malaria in humans. Instead, it was an ingredient listed on a parasite treatment for fish.”

The woman told the outlet that she saw a briefing where President Trump spoke of the benefits of chloroquine, and the name resonated because she used it to treat her koi fish. The woman said,  “I saw it sitting on the back shelf and thought, ‘Hey, isn’t that the stuff they’re talking about on TV?” She also added, “We were afraid of getting sick.”

The pair mixed the substance in a liquid, drank it, and became ill about twenty minutes later. The woman and her husband, who wishes to remain anonymous, are in their 60s.

10 Movies You Definitely Shouldn’t Watch If Coronavirus Scares You