Who is ready for some amazing but true strawberry factoids?
Strawberries have a long and storied history that goes back more than 2,000 years. Here are just a few of hundreds of interesting facts about the sweet, succulent berry.
1. Strawberries are the only fruit with seeds on the outside.
2. The average strawberry has 200 seeds. Go ahead, count them!
3. Strawberries are a member of the rose family.
4. One serving of about eight strawberries provides more vitamin C than an orange, or about 140% of the U.S. RDA for vitamin C.
5. 94% of U.S. households consume strawberries.
It's Spring at Perkins and you know what that brings? Strawberries! Fresh, ripe, juicy strawberries. Like the ones they use for the new, limited-time Fresh Strawberry Crepes. Light delicate crepes, filled with a sweet vanilla cream cheese and finished with fresh glazed strawberries. There's also the Fresh Strawberry Croissant French Toast and Fresh Strawberry Buttermilk Pancake Platters.
But strawberries aren't just for breakfast, Perkins has them sprinkled all over lunch and dinner choices, too, like the Fresh Strawberry Salad. Smoked pulled chicken, fresh strawberries, glazed walnuts and Feta cheese on crisp garden greens. So stop by Perkins today, during the season of the strawberry. After all, it's the naturally sweet way to start your day. Only from Perkins. At participating locations for a limited time only.